Whether an author is fortunate to be published by a traditional publisher or elects to self publish, one factor is common: the author must fully engage in the marketing process. That comes as a surprise to most first time authors. Author Marcia Gaddis has teamed with Mimi Schroeder of Max Communications to effectively market Marcia’s book When God Comes Near: Waiting in the Miracle of His Presence. Part of their marketing included speaking with Write Here, Write Now host Tim Morrison while he engaged in a remote broadcast at the Decatur Book Festival. As the three engaged in conversation, Dr. Tim remembered having seen Marcia Gaddis at a writing conference earlier in the year and having had an extended phone conversation with Mimi Schroeder earlier in the year as well. Things you’ll learn from this broadcast: Why Marcia elected to make a book out of her journal entries written during her daughter’s battle with a terminal illness. How did Marcia find Mimi. Why Mimi agreed to market Marcia and her book. How having a public relations person benefits an author.
- March 26th – Write Now Academy
- March 19th – What a Difference a Year Makes . . . and That Difference Is You!
- March 12th – Business Leader, Entrepreneur and Professional All in One (actually Three)
- March 5th – Meet the Write Choice Services Staff
- February 26 – Collaboratively Publishing Their First Book